The Best Bodyweight Training Tools & Resources…
To Get Rid Of Frustration & Achieve Your Goals Faster
It was early June in 2010 – almost a year after my last surgery – when the doctor told me that I could (finally!) start training.
(I had done 5 bone-cleansing surgeries in my left am during the last 7 years… and I wasn’t “allowed” to train until my arm was “fixed”).
During that time, I knew next to nothing about training. So, I started doing what I knew.
Meanwhile, I was reading anything I could find on bodyweight training…
And boy… some of the advice was really bad! (I easily wasted 6 months following idiotic advice.)
Fortunately, not everything I read was bad.
In fact, some of the books were top notch… and you’ll find these books (along with other great resources) right here, in this page.
Some of the links below are affiliate links – i.e. I make a buck, if you decide to buy. This comes at no additional cost to you.
Most Recommended Resource
“Never Gymless” By Ross Enamait
Never Gymless is the book that helped me the most in my training.
(I’ve read it more than 5 times so far.)
And I believe it will be at least as helpful for you.
There are many great calisthenics books. But what makes Never Gymless be in the top of the list is its chapter on program design.
Just in this chapter, you’ll find:
- A sample 50-day training plan that you can follow right away.
- Simple and detailed programming principles that will help you create your own program and target YOUR goals effectively.
- Clear explanation and examples that will help you avoid unnecessary confusion and mistakes.
- 23 workout samples to choose from – to become stronger, more explosive and better conditioned.
No other calisthenics book (from the ones I’ve read) has such a comprehensive chapter on program creation. Everything is included – strength, explosiveness, core training, speed, conditioning, and isometrics – the only thing not covered is gymnastics skills (eg. front lever).
Never Gymless is great for beginners and intermediate trainees.
To learn more about Never Gymless, check out Never Gymless’ page: Never Gymless’ Page
or read my full review here: Never Gymless – Review
“The Naked Warrior” By Pavel Tsatsuline
The Naked Warrior helped me achieve the one arm push up and the pistol squat.
Here are some things you’ll learn inside The Naked Warrior:
- How to approach strength as a skill and why it’s important – this will help you achieve advanced moves and grow stronger, faster.
- How to use the GTG method for strength and endurance – this is one of the best ways to build maximum strength in minimum time.
- The Power Breathing technique – This simple technique will allow you to exert more strength instantly.
- and much… much more
This book is NOT for complete beginners.
Recommended Books For
“Untapped Strength” By Ross Enamait
Ross Training – Great resource, mostly focused on simplicity of training and motivational posts.
Mark’s Daily Apple – My go-to resource for lifestyle ideas.
Ido Portal – Great insights on movement and training.
A Shot Of Adrenaline – Lots of information on bodyweight training.
Progressive Calisthenics Blog – Great articles on bodyweight training.
Charles Poliquin – Excellent tips and advice for strength training.
Arthlete – Very good tutorials for bodyweight exercises.
Antranik – Some of the best calisthenics training guides.
Red Delta Project – Great training advice in general.